GSokoban home page
GSokoban is a version of Sokoban for GNOME and Linux/UNIX.
It looks like this, but you should really
download it and try for yourself. Features
- It is free software, and licensed under the
GNU General Public License.
- Multiple image sets. (Ten sets included)
- Multiple map sets. (Currently seven sets (471 levels) included)
- Default, 90 maps, Level 1-50 Copyright (c) 1982 Thinking Rabbit Inc, Japan
- DimitriAndYorick, 61 maps, Copyright (c) Jacques Duthen
- Howard, 100 maps, Copyright (c) Howard Abed
- Sasquatch, 50 maps, Copyright (c) David W. Skinner
- Yoshio1, 52 maps, Copyright (c) Yoshio Murase
- Yoshio2, 40 maps, Copyright (c) Yoshio Murase
- sokogen-990602, 78 maps, Copyright (c) Howard Abed
- Scoring based on pushes or moves.
- Unlimited undo function.
- Saves solutions so you can review them at a later time using the
built-in playback function.
Sokoban is a puzzle game invented in Japan 1982 by Hiroyuki Imabayashi, the
president of Thinking Rabbit Inc. The goal is to push a number of boxes to
special spots in a maze, without getting stuck against walls or in corners.
Saturday 2 September 2006
Nothing new really, except for a change of web hosting.
http://ndap.net/gsokoban/ is the new home
Tuesday 14 March 2000
After a way too long delay, here is finally version 1.0.
- Several memory leaks are fixed.
- The game area is always centered, and the window can no longer
be made smaller than the game area.
- Russian translation from Igor Plekhov.
- New graphics set "budge" from
Saturday 31 July 1999
Version 0.60 this time:
- Rewritten preferences dialog.
- Rewritten score dialog.
- Optional toolbar.
- Misc bug fixes.
- Map sets are now stored in zip files.
- 271 new maps in five map sets.
Saturday 19 June 1999
The time has come for version 0.30. Changes this time:
- Removed the hard-coded map limit of 17 rows by 20 columns. Now
GSokoban resizes automagically when needed.
- New map set "howard" with 100 new levels sent in by David McGrath.
- Fixed some map parsing bugs affecting levels 15, 16, 29, 48-50 and
90, discovered by David.
- Some other misc bug fixes.
- A lot of stuff from Tomi Ollila:
- Improvements to the image loading. GSokoban now falls back to
simpler graphics when necessery, and also emits proper GUI error
- New image set "pinky24".
- Support for a different pixmap when object/box is over a goal.
- Player can now face the direction he goes in, if such pixmaps
Wednesday 02 June 1999
GSokoban 0.20 released, with the following new features:
- Undo functionality, implemented by Olivier Tharan.
- French translation, also by Olivier Tharan.
- More wall types, and a new graphics format.
- New graphics. xsoko20 and xsoko36 from XSokoban, and b_and_w_28x28
(a modification of b_and_w_30x30 from XSokoban) from Tomi Ollila.
New screenshots are up.
Sunday 30 May 1999
First version released. Everything is new!